8/1/11

Monday Monday

I really didn't want this weekend to end. Davis got a fever on Thursday and was pretty miserable through Saturday morning. Poor guy. You feel so bad for them because they look at you like "what's wrong with me? why do i feel this way?" and all you can do is hold them and give them ibuprofen to bring the fever down. He really was so sweet though- we had lots of cute moments on the couch watching Barney. He really just loves snuggling with "mommom" these days. In fact, he's really in a momma stage in general. Yesterday I walked into our bedroom while he and Bennett were in the living room playing and all of the sudden I could hear him running down the halls calling "momma? momma?". So sweet.

A few things to make note of...
1) Katie Brewerton is going off to school in Denver. Boy will I miss her. I always miss her. She is the perfect example of someone you meet (we met at T3) that you instantly connect with and laugh at all the same things and just share the same joy for life. She is a perfect example of someone who has joy for life. And she's hysterical. And she writes really fun cards to me, which I totally appreciate. I'm excited for her and proud of her as she takes off on her second adventure. :)

2) Carrie will be coming to visit Friday- she and her family went to Colorado for a few weeks and I made her promise she would come back by before going off to school in Dallas. I can't wait to see her and I know Davis will be so thrilled to see her.

3)I am finally feeling less pukey. I am 13.5 weeks and seriously started feeling better almost the day I hit 12 weeks. Weird how that works. We're starting to think through how we'll rearrange and get ready for the 4th Bennett. It's exciting and also a little stressful. I sort of want to move, but we're trying to be financially smart and save up enough to where we can rent our house and buy a different one. A long-term retirement plan, if you will. Ha.

4) Hawaii is a little over a month away and we're starting to feel like maybe deciding to take an almost 2 year old on a 12 hour flight was a silly plan. We're debating buying him his own seat, switching to just fly to California and have a California dreaming vacation, or just dealing with it. I think I just feel a little tired right now and just dealing with it doesn't sound very relaxing. We'll see.

5) Bennett is like a muscle man these days. His will power and dedication to fitness is pretty astounding. Seriously- I see him every day and I DO notice- but yesterday I took several pictures of him lining up Davis' cars with him and I was like "Holy cow. Davis is so hot and fit right now." 3 12 packs of eggs a week and no carbs will do that I guess. I did get him to cheat with me and have a soft pretzel, for goodness sake, on Saturday at The Flying Saucer. It was what dreams are made of.

6) This is a big week. Tomorrow we have Davis' new teacher, Kathryn, coming to our house to meet us and see what our life set up is like. I hope we love her. After that, I have my first board meeting. Ever. Yep, I'm finally on a board. My buddy, Oscar, and I have been doing work for the Texas Advertising Graduate program at UT and they asked us to join their board. Pretty exciting!

7) Unexpected compliments are about the best thing ever. I had to miss my workout Thursday because Davis was sick. I called to apologize to Ahmad, left him a message, and later got a text that said "No need to apologize. I know you were just being a good momma. I think you are a great mom." I almost cried. Ha.

That's all for now. I'll be posting pictures tomorrow of the aforementioned car line up.

No comments:

Post a Comment