8/22/11

Update on Day One

I got a call from Kathryn around 1:00 today. She said that Davis was doing pretty well for his first day- he had been sad on and off throughout the day- but was being quite a trooper. I asked what "being sad" looked like and she said he wasn't really all out crying, but he was whimpering here and there until one of them gave him a hug and engaged him with a book or looking for cars or something.

She said he had been asleep for about an hour and that they had about another 30-45 minutes until they would start waking up for playground time. She said he didn't eat much lunch- but that is nothing unusual.

Bennett is going to get him in 30 minutes- I wish I could see his little face! I think tomorrow will be a harder morning- 1) he'll know what's going on this time and 2) I have to take him by myself. Boo.

But I'm hopeful that he had fun and that he'll get used to it all fairly quickly. Oh, I forgot to say one thing about this morning. About two minutes after we walked in, Davis looked at me, smiled and said "Pay?" Which clearly means "Play?" And I just said "Yep- you just get to play here- all day!" He grinned and ran around to look at everything he could find.

Here are some funny pics from the weekend.
loved sitting on my suitcase all weekend. he lost his balance in this photo- but i included it because holy cow- look how long his legs are!
realized maybe he should give ketchup a try.
carrie and mary mae came to visit! okay this is a week or two old, but i wanted to include it. she's so cute!




No comments:

Post a Comment