8/11/11

Mrs. Bridges

Call me Mrs. Bridges from now on. Sorry Bennett.
My co-worker, and friend, hooked me up with two tickets to the ACL taping of Jeff Bridges last night after hearing me say that Jeff was my boyfriend. How nice is that? I'm telling you- I work with some pretty great people. Nikki and I went and we had a great time. Could he be any more manly and charming? Such a doll.

Prior to that we had our parent's orientation at Child's Day. It made me excited again. I met the two other teachers and they seemed like really good guys. One is a bit more on the calm, nurturing side, and the other is loud and silly and tall. I think after adjusting, Davis is going to LOVE it.

I felt so funny yesterday- rushing to the parent's orientation, playing grown-up with all the other parents (whom I always think seem so much older than me, even when they're not) and then sneaking out early to catch some live music. So Jeff said something last night that I think is so true and so good to remember. He said "You know how sometimes you're one thing and sometimes you're another, and sometimes you don't really know what the hell you are?" Then he played a great song from Crazy Heart as I thought to myself, "I do. I know exactly what you're talking about."
I also found out that Nikki will have an article published in the December version of The Believer. How amazing is that? I can't wait!

P.S. Megan, thanks for the comment. Apparently while I author the blog, I don't have access to comment. Go figure. But anyway- I miss you more. And go for it with the blog. Life is short. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment