7/28/11

Cars! Cars! Cars!


Yesterday Nikki came over to see Davis and I. Between our busy schedules and her trip to New York, it had been a while. Every time Nikki comes in, Davis wants to get right into her purse. He knows exactly what he is looking for and won't relax until he finds the two items he is after. One is Nikki's iphone, the second is this set of oversized tin pill capsules. The pill capsules are meant to hold pills, and they look just like pills, so they're very cute and they're sort of Russian doll style in the fact that there is a giant pill and then within that a smaller (still oversized) pill. How many times can I say pill in this post? Six times so far.

Anyway, to the point. Nikki brought Davis this cute gift package with polka dot tissue paper, and we quickly realized that he could care less about seeing what was in the package until he got both of the prized items out of Nikki's purse. To visualize this- whether with Nikki's bag or anything else he feels he needs- he will hand the bag to you, stand in front of you and say "Om? Om? Om?" a hundred times until we either open it or get him to say "Please" which sounds like "Deez" or "help" which sounds like "hep".

So after playing with the phone and the pills for a while, he finally dug into the bag. He pulled out one shiny diecast model yellow mini cooper. He was so thrilled. And then quickly stuck his arm back in to see what else might be in there. Eventually he pulled out all four little model cars, one in light blue, one in forest green, one in red and the first one, in golden yellow. OOH! He was thrilled. They are pull-back cars that race along the floor so fast. He carried these and played with them until he went to bed last night. Finally I had to cover them with a pair of shorts so he would stop saying "Cars! Cars! Cars!" and go to sleep.

Before Nikki left- he insisted we go out to see her car. I love that he remembers Nikki's car and absolutely MUST go see it. She has a red mini cooper with racing stripes and I totally get why he loves it. It looks like a toy car. I opened the front door and he couldn't have run faster, squealing all the while, to get to her car. We took a drive around the cul de sac and he also sat on her lap and drove and honked the horn and about emptied out her window washer fluid. He is a lucky boy to have such a sweet aunt.

P.S. Unrelated, but I ordered a new camera today. I can't wait to get it so I can share more pictures here. In the meantime, here is a cute one Bennett took of Davis last weekend at Chipotle. Happy man.

1 comment:

  1. I love that he remembers the prizes in my purse: next time I will ditch the gift bag and put his presents where I know he will find them! It makes my whole week to see him so excited and happy - and to know we share such great taste in cars,*wink... I love him with all of my heart and then some! Xoxoxo aunt Nikki

    ReplyDelete