7/19/11

Plan B

So I've had a nervous feeling about the new nanny since she started. Not that she wasn't keeping Davis safe, but more that she wasn't really into it. She was really slow and I felt like "Okay, if you're not digging in, talking to him, helping him with breakfast and all of that while I'm here...what are you doing while I'm gone?"

Yesterday I got home and Davis ran to me and wrapped his arms around my neck like I have never seen before. At first I thought "Oh wow, this is a treat..." then I realized when he wouldn't let me put him down, there was a problem. Davis has never been that way- he is happy to play with anyone that smiles at him. I talked to Bennett about it after she left and I said "Okay, something's not right here..." and he agreed. I'm not going to get into details, but lets just say I think she is a nice person with fine intentions, but she was doing the absolute bare minimum when it came to Davis. And it made my blood boil.

And I knew she had to be gone- but I didn't have a back-up. I called around and remembered a good friend of mine from high school is currently in between jobs as she just finished a nanny gig and praise the Lord- she can do it. BUT- she can't start till tomorrow so we were going to have the nanny come today and Bennett was just going to keep an eye on the situation. She got here this morning while I was in the shower- and I could hear Davis start crying. Bennett walked into the bathroom and was like "He won't let me put him down." So needless to say, we told her to go home and we're moving on to Plan B.

Again- I don't think she had bad intentions- I think she was just phoning it in and Davis felt ignored all day. Which again, makes my blood boil, but I'm so glad we have another solution until he starts school in a month and three days. Who's counting? ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment