7/12/11

Be-be?

I took Davis to Chik-Fil-A after work yesterday- ooh was he excited! He was so good even though I didn't let him play on the indoor playground. There were a billion kids in it and I was also wearing a skirt so I couldn't climb up in there. He was pretty sad- but a good sport overall. Anyway, while we were sitting there, a baby started crying and he did this quick "Oh!" with a shocked face (this is very common and very cute) and I said quietly "Is that a baby?"

Davis LOVES babies. He always has. He gets this silly little grin and every time we see a baby, I have to be so careful because he is up in their business in two seconds, leaning into their stroller or patting them on the head...and while he means well, he's two and a little bit rough and tumble.

Anyway, I kept saying "Is that a baby?" and he would grin and giggle and then he started saying "Be-be?" in the sweetest little voice. I was just melting all over the Chik-Fil-A floor.

Last night while I was rocking him before bed (my favorite part of the day) I said "Did we hear a baby? What did the baby say?" and in this quiet voice I would say "Wah, wah, wah..." and then he would copy me and say something high pitched and tiny like "Wee wee wee..." It was adorable.

Here are two pictures from last night. I'm going to have to get a new camera because as if it isn't hard enough to capture him while he's moving so much- my point and shoot camera isn't point and shoot anymore. It's now point, press, wait, wait, press, wait, wait, shoot. I miss almost everything. I think I'm going to get one like my mom's.

1 comment: