7/11/11

Weekend Weekend, Blah Blah Blah

Weekends are supposed to be fun. And there were certainly some high notes from this weekend, but all in all I feel like it was a bust. I didn't feel good so I was a pretty boring mom and on top of that I was just sort of annoyed with myself and the weather...don't even get me started about the weather. It's so gross. And I hate being outside when it's 105 day in and day out. And I hate being stuck inside when it's summer. See? That's the mood I was in all weekend on top of not feeling well. Miserable.

And Bennett was crabby too. I think maybe we both have seasonal depression and don't even know it. But enough about that- there were a couple fun things that came out of this weekend.

1) Davis had his first sno-beach snowcone. He was sort of "meh" about it, which surprised me as I love them so.

2) Davis repeated just about every word I said yesterday from "toast" to "share".

3) Davis had so much fun at the church nursery that he didn't want to leave when I got there. I was so happy. He looked at me, then stretched out his arm to all the toys in the room, then looked back at me like "Really? Now?" It was great.

4) Davis got butt naked at The Yogurt Spot at 5th and Lamar. Here is a three part picture story of that little outing. So fun. You can see how it started with an innocent hands-in approach to the water. Then we cheered him on until he was stripped down with his naked bootie out for all to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment