7/14/11

My Sweetheart

Bennett was in Chicago Monday and Tuesday- one of my favorite cities for sure. I so wished I could go with him as he hadn't been there before and I've always wanted to go together...also the weather is probably amazing right now. Anyway, I couldn't because of work (work schmork, right?) so I just waited for him to get back. He got back Tuesday after a packed two day conference that GC sent him to. It was a Next Gen Leadership conference for commercial real estate people- and sort of a big deal to get to go- so I am quite proud of him.

Anyway- he had a packed two days and still surprised Davis and I with some Chi-town treats. How sweet! He went to the Disney store and picked out two little metal cars from Cars 2. Davis almost died. They are like little collectible cars, so they're in nice cases and we couldn't get them open fast enough. He was so impatient and just dying to see them. After we opened them, he played and played and then said "Da-ee Car?" Which doesn't sound like a big deal but it's the first time he's linked two words like that. So sweet.

And this melted my heart. Davis got me the cutest shirt. Like went in and picked out a really adorable shirt that is something I would have looked at and loved- and got it for me. That sort of thing just means a lot to me. He had so little time and went out of his way to pick those things out for us. He is a great husband and dad. So this blog is about my sweetheart, big Davis Bennett.

No comments:

Post a Comment