7/13/11

SO Spoiled

Not Davis. Or, not JUST Davis. Me.
Through a twist of events, Carrie's last day as Davis' nanny was yesterday. And I've known how great she is...really it's not hard to see. But yesterday after I told her this wasn't a goodbye and pretended it was no big deal, I was really sad. I cannot explain how blessed we have been by knowing her and being lucky enough to have her take care of Davis.

Carrie is great. In general. Had I met her another way, I would have known right away we could and should be friends. And/but I think I've said this before- when you see someone love your baby- the love you have for them is sort of unexplainably, exponentially higher than the norm. And man- she has LOVED Davis.

He has learned so much being with her- and I love that she has protected him and nurtured his kind spirit. I don't think he quite understands that she won't be coming back...but I know he will miss her and be excited when she comes to visit. Every morning that he woke up before she got there I would say "Guess who's coming to visit you? Carrie!" And he would get this giant grin- like YES! So it's been great for him. And it's been AMAZING for me. I realize today, now that the new temporary nanny is there, who I believe will be good too...that to be able to go to work and have no doubt that your baby is in the best care, having a GREAT time, makes life so much easier and more joyful.

Okay, so before I fall into a pit of depression over it, there is an upside. All of this has actually made me really ready for him to go to school. He starts at Child's Day in a little over a month and I just feel ready and I think he will be ready. I've been praying to feel ready for a while now- and I finally do. They have done an amazing job communicating with us already. The teacher for his class is coming to our house for an in-home visit in a couple weeks, we have orientation one week after that, and then he starts August 22nd. (How many times can I say "ready" or "already" in one paragraph? I mean really...) Anyway.

After seeing him at the church nursery the other day- I think he is going to love this. I hope I have that kid that sees all the kids, the toys, the teacher he's already met, and is like "Peace out mom. Don't let the door hit you on the way out." Seriously. For me, one of the biggest signs of successful parenting is helping your kids feel confident and in control even when things around them change or they're introduced to new situations. I hope I'm doing a good job of that.

Okay so off to work. Big week- have a new business pitch Friday that I'm leading so working day in and day out on that. Hoping to bring home a win.

1 comment:

  1. you are such a good mom, Sam. in your fun-loving playfulness, your deep care and hopes for davis, and your desire to make each day good for him. it is clear that Carrie has been such a gift - i know the next step will be great for him, too. he's growing up to be such a sweet, fun-loving and adventurous little boy. with all the love he's receiving, he'll be ready to meet new little people and each new activity and learning experience with care and confidence. you and Bennett deserve a standing ovation. and he's not even 2 yet! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete