7/25/11

The Bennett 4

Yep, it's official. We are so excited to tell you we're expecting a baby in early February. We went to the doctor today for a big sonogram and everything looks great. I always get nervous before these appointments, so it's a relief when they say everything looks normal and healthy. I realize it doesn't always go that way for everyone, so we're thankful.

Now, some of you think we're crazy for even listening after the situation with Davis, and how they incorrectly predicted he was a girl at 12 weeks...but at our dr.'s office, they like to make a prediction at the 12 week sonogram. And WE simply can't say no. I guess we're gluttons for punishment that way. Anyway- today we had a sonographer that we haven't had before. We asked her upfront if she was going to make a prediction and she said "Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. It depends on how accurately I think I can be based on their size and the viewing angle, etc." So after a few looks from a variety of viewpoints she said she feels pretty confident it's a girl.

Here's the thing. I have been feeling like it is a girl from the early weeks- (even though I've always pictured myself with all boys). Just like I felt Davis was a boy. So, my instinct is that she is right, but I'm not putting all my stock in her prediction. And really, I think the second time around, you realize how lucky you are just to have a healthy baby...so we'll be pleased either way. Final confirmation comes in late August.

So that's the news- we're excited.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, how exciting!! I am so happy for you guys. For some reason, after that second baby, you REALLY feel like a whole family! It is pretty neat. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't wait, i can't wait, i can't wait!

    ReplyDelete