5/1/11

A Part of History

Yes, I did get up at 5:00 a.m. for the royal wedding. I wasn't sure I would wake up, but I set my alarm, and when it went off I said "Sam- you can sleep for another hour or so- or you can be a part of history." So I got up, and marked my place in history, watching the nuptials of dear Wills and Kate. Or Duke and Duchess of Cambridge as they are now called. I have been a little obsessed with the whole thing- I mean, she is just like me, and yet, she is now a royal, and everything has changed. And while I imagine her lifestyle would be fun for a year or so, I certainly don't envy what she will have to go through to be with the love of her life. Every move she makes will be watched, critiqued, and openly discussed. Blech. I don't even think I could marry a preacher, let alone a prince. But I am still obsessed with the whole idea of royals and the tradition and everything that comes with it.

She did look amazing, didn't she? Frankly, I'm sort of depressed that it's over. Who doesn't get into a modern day fairy tale?

No comments:

Post a Comment