5/5/11

Mama's Boy

Davis is such a mama's boy these days- and I am eating it up. This morning I felt him wakling behind me and Bennett said "Sam- he's trying to hug your legs..." and sure enough I looked down and he was just trying to wrap his little arms around both of my legs- while I walked.

Unfortunately, on the flip side, he seems to be sort of annoyed with his daddy. A lot. The other day he gave Bennett the dirtiest look when I was giving him (Davis, not Bennett) a bath, and we couldn't even believe it. How can an 18 month old feel annoyed- AND show that on his face? So it's bittersweet, because I love how much he loves me these days, but I also want him to share that love with his daddy. I keep telling Bennett it's a phase- which I do believe to be true. Soon enough he will think that everything Bennett does is so cool and will be his little mini-me.

Separately- a little update on my weight loss and workouts. We had measurement day today- I lost three pounds which puts me super close to my goal. AND June 1st is our one year anniversary working out with Ahmad so I really need to reach that goal in the next 3-4 weeks. After that I have a new goal...and then after that Ahmad has a goal for me...but good Lord...if (no, when) I hit my 2nd goal I will be feeling great.

Happy Cinco de Mayo! Hope everyone is having a margarita lunch today. I plan on it.

1 comment:

  1. two words: oedipus complex.

    and two more words: you're amazing! 3 pounds down is phenomenal sam, and you're looking so 'ha' lately that i'm saying world look out for june 1!

    congratulations!!!
    xoxoxoxo
    n

    ReplyDelete