5/2/11

Sweet Little Buddy

This weekend was a good one- I had missed little Davis so much because I had been sick and had been trying to stay away from him. Unfortunately he started to run a little fever Saturday afternoon and still is quite warm, but other than that he doesn't seem to be feeling too badly. He's been such a sweet little buddy about it all. We went to Porter's bday party Saturday morning before he started feeling bad, and he was just a little more quiet and timid than usual. Until he took a major face plant in the mud. Poor guy had a mouthful of dirt and just couldn't understand why or how it happened. He got to see James and Scarlett, which was fun. I know he misses seeing the Wyrtzens.

Sunday morning he woke up not feeling very well and he kept walking up to me saying "Hug?" and then he would give me a little snuggle. This is NOT like Davis. I can get him to give me a hug, and even a kiss (an open mouthed one nonetheless), but I usually have to prompt him and sometimes beg. It melted my heart when he walked up and said "Hug?"

Because it was not too hot yesterday (how about that cold front?) we took him to the pool in our neighborhood. We thought it would be good to cool him down a bit and give him something to smile about. He loved it. Brave little guy will walk off any ledge or step- you have to watch him EVERY second.

Here are some mobile pics- I took a bunch with my camera this weekend as well because I just feel like he has gotten SO big in the last few days- so I'll post those too once I've uploaded them. As you can see, he really loves to hang out in Pico's bed. Pico seems a bit frustrated, until Davis hooks him up with some of his snacks. It seems like a fair enough arrangement to me.







1 comment:

  1. such a sweet retelling! i can't believe he can say 'hug' too, now!
    and it's nice that he's learning about rent, mortgages and leasing space at such an early age. pico seems to be a good landlord and i have no doubt davis is an excellent tenant, *wink...
    xoxo
    n

    ReplyDelete