2/26/10

Honey Do

My mom comes over on thursdays to hang with baby Davis- it's such a great deal for all of us- and we are so thankful that she uses her day off to be with him. On top of driving over and taking care of him all day, I come home every Thursday and she has done the laundry or cooked dinner or something like that. It's such a treat and it makes me feel so good. I started thinking about why she is so nice to me last night- and it was the first time that I realized that she feels about me the way I feel about baby Davis. Thinking that- I felt so loved and almost overwhelmed. I remembered the first time I realized how selfless my mom was...we were at Chi Chi's (the only Mexican restaurant in Sioux Falls, South Dakota) and I didn't like my meal. Without skipping a beat- my mom said "Do you want mine? I'll trade you." I thought, and I think I said, "Mom, you are so nice, you always offer to switch meals with me even though you like what you ordered."

I couldn't get over it. Switching meals seemed like such a sacrifice to me. And while that is a funny story- it made me think a lot about how much love moms have for their babies...and I was and AM thankful.

Oh and p.s. stayed EXACTLY the same at WW this week. didn't gain or lose even an ounce. At first I was so agitated- but then I considered how it might give me the opportunity to have a good loss next time. Optimism.

No comments:

Post a Comment