2/17/10

Fashion Week

So I've been reading a bit about fashion week- and maybe I'm a curmudgeon when it comes to creativity- but some of the "inspirations" for the various designer lines make me want to spew my diet coke in laughter. For example: Rodarte.

While you might not recognize the name, you can be sure that many of your favorite celebs wear their designs (Kirsten Dunst and Natalie Portman, to name a couple). How do you think those celebs are going to feel this year- wearing their frocks to the Oscars or the Emmys- knowing that said designs were inspired by "the night-shift factory workers in the melancholy border town of Juarez, Texas and the idea of girls getting dressed while sleepwalking"?

Sometimes I think these fancy famous people tell reporters (from New York Magazine, in this case) absurd things like this and then go home and laugh to each other, saying "Can you believe she bought that?"

Seriously- who wants to look like they got dressed while sleepwalking (especially when most sleepwalkers are also known to pee in recliners, thinking they are toilets)? And tell me the last time you wanted to look like a late night factory worker...

Things like this just kill me.

1 comment:

  1. things like THIS just kill me - you know where i want this to go... can i?
    so smart and funny. i love it.

    ReplyDelete