2/13/10

Twinkies?


Today has been lovely. The weather was amazing- which put us all in a great mood- I got to pick out some new tunes from Waterloo as part of my valentine from Davis- and I found an old friend, who has reinvented himself...Mr. Twinkie. I know, I know, they're sort of gross...but on long road trips, Nikki and I would occasionally get to go in the Love's convenience store (you know that's the only place we stopped) and pick out a junk food treat. Without fail, Nikki would pick Ho-Hos (the black cupcakes with the white swirl on top) and I would pick Twinkies. Anyway- I haven't had a twinkie in probably 20 years and today while shopping at HEB I noticed a weight watchers dessert called "Golden Sponge Cake"- which look quite a bit like twinkies- so I bought some and they are sort of an awesome treat. One point a piece and I'll be honest, I've had three today. Don't get too grossed out- the reason they're only one point a piece is because they are tiny.

So here's to making new friends, and keeping the old.
One is silver and the other is GOLD. Golden sponge cake, that is.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE this post... (more than i love thinking about what was in those chocolate cupcakes?!) and will go to bed with the brownie song ringing in my head. thanks for pulling these memories out into the open

    ReplyDelete