4/25/11

Neti Pot


I am the proud owner of a Neti Pot. If you haven't heard of it- it looks like a little teapot without a lid and it's an ayurvedic way to clean out your passages. If you have heard of it, you know that it feels like you are basically dumping water UP one nostril, hoping it comes out the other.

I have been sick since last Wednesday night- like really sick. 102 fever, chills, achy body, tonsils so big they are sticking out of my neck, and while I'm back at work today and I feel better, I still don't feel good. And desperate times call for desperate measures so I walked myself over to the Whole Foods and bought a neti pot.

I just used it in the women's restroom. at work. (Yes, I was in a stall, and thank God because it was a SCENE). The lady on the box makes it look like fun and games- she is grinning with the end of the teapot up one nostril, her head slightly tilted, and the water is just evenly dripping out of the other. Is that how I looked? Not so much. I almost barfed. It started pouring down my throat and then out my nose, and it was everywhere. But I will say- my nose is as clear as a freshly windexed window.

Sharing this with you to inspire a good chuckle this gray monday afternoon...
Look for a new easter post soon.
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment