6/22/11

Mud

Teen Parent Mentor Network is a bust. Seriously. I signed up, was all excited, I've been trying to figure out when my first training is or what I need to do to get started, and NOTHING. No response to email, nothing on the message boards, nothing. This is the SECOND volunteer opportunity I've looked into that is not legit. It's disappointing. It sounded like exactly what I needed. I'm probably going to have to start my own version. But I don't really have time for that right now. That would be quite an undertaking, and probably that is how this one got started, and then someone was too busy to run it. :(

So I got a picture from Carrie today of Davis at the park, his face smothered with mud. She said "there must be something magical about this mud that we don't know about..." And actually it's probably true. Davis hasn't even SEEN mud in the last 6 months because there has been no rain. It poured last night and seriously, everyone at work is in a better mood, because of it. Austin is breathing a major sigh of relief today. Sleeping when it's raining is the best thing. I'd almost forgotten.

Carrie also sent me a funny text about Davis the other day when they were at the store. She said "I love giving Davis samples at the store because he looks at me like 'where did this little treat come from?'" Ha! And it's so true. He loves the samples. And he'll try anything at the store. We need to figure out a way to replicate that at home. His meal list is super limited.

Anyway- just a quick update.
sam

No comments:

Post a Comment