10/5/09

High School Reunion

I did it. I made myself go to my 10 year high school reunion on Saturday. I have been going back and forth and finally decided that because it was short (two hours) and because I helped plan it- I should see it through to the end. I expected a lot of funny stories to come out of the reunion- remember I went to school in small town Texas where it was common to pull into school on monday morning with your trailer still attached to your dually and where becoming "Peach Queen" was the highest accomplishment- but it was surprisingly uneventful. Most people are kind of how I remembered them or how I figured they would be. I wonder if people thought that about me.

I DID however get some amazing comments about the size of my belly- mainly from the same guys that would ask girls on dates that included Sonic and pasture parties- so things like "Wow- you're really about to pop..." or "Geez- you might go into labor right here at the bowling alley..."

Anyway- I left and I felt like that was really part of a past life. Not to say that I'm a completely different person- but I don't know that I could go back and do that (high school) again, though it was good to see people. So the positive note to end this story is that I am thankful to be where I am, and I think that is a great thing, to be happy where you are.

1 comment:

  1. was my boyfriend at the reunion? his biceps are so hot. i miss dancing with him.

    ReplyDelete