10/22/09

I Can't Wait

So here is the scoop from yesterday. We went to the dr. appt. and of course we bet on the way there whether or not anything would have changed since Friday. I didn't think anything would have changed, Davis did. Dr. Seeker did his check and this is what happened next...

Dr. Seeker: Well, I think it's pretty safe to say that this baby is going to come earlier than planned. (Davis and I look at each other in shock)
Sam: What do you mean?
Dr. Seeker: Well, you're 1 cm dilated, 60% effaced, and the baby is in the -1 position (which is basically the lowest position prior to delivery).
Davis: Well, do you have any idea when? If you had to guess...
Seeker: If I was a betting man, I'd put my money on a week early, maybe November 5th.
Davis/Sam: Holy cow.
Sam: But could this happen any day? Should I be prepared?
Seeker: Oh absolutely. It could happen any day. In fact, there is probably a 20-25% chance it could happen this week.

We were giddy with shock and excitement. I can't believe how much things changed in just a few days. Now I feel like I'm a ticking time bomb that could go off at any minute- which is both really exciting, and I'm not going to lie, really scary. I still feel like I'm in shock and disbelief. After being pregnant for so long, you almost start to think that there is no outcome, it's just a non-stop state of being. To think that I'm almost done is unreal. I don't really know what to feel.

So that's the scoop. Don't tell Davis you read it here first. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment