10/7/09

Childbirth Classes- Part I

We went to our first class last night- and the best part was when this totally flustered and overly dramatic pregnant lady barged in late in front of 30 people and instead of just saying "oops- sorry" and sitting down quietly- she went on to let the whole class know why she was late and how horrible the experience she had just had was. The "experience" was really just that she couldn't find her way to the room and the lady downstairs didn't know where the class was. "Really- someone should do something about this..." It's this kind of lady that gives pregnant gals a bad name.

Davis and I just braced ourselves- as we are becoming used to these scenarios ever since our church joining experience a few weeks ago when another cast of characters (a 40 year old woman and her 95 year old, mute husband) barged into a 4 hour small adult class 30 minutes late, with two less than well-behaved boys, explaining that THEY were late because they'd been at Souper Salads. And you have to have ice cream when you're at Souper Salads.

This happened right in the middle of us all describing how we view God. They sat down, we tried to recompose ourselves, and then when it came around to the aforementioned lady, instead of saying all-knowing, powerful, loving, mighty, or really any word that described God she paused and said "Some people call me God's angel." And I wish i could have captured Davis' face on camera. It was priceless.

So back to last night's class before I get struck by lightning or get kicked out of the church I just joined...

The class was informative- but Davis and I both left feeling like there weren't any "ah-ha" moments. Maybe those will come next week. We did find it interesting that today's woman (mainly the lady that was late) is more and more interested in new ways to deliver- including "the squat". I had never heard of this and I don't think I'll be trying it- but I suppose I should never say never.

Anyway- we were the people with the closest due date so everyone turned around to see how I was faring with only a month left to go. I slumped over a little bit, with a real exasperated and spent look on my face as I reached around to pretend I was rubbing my sore back. Just kidding. Sort of.

All in all, it was a decent time, I suppose. I'll keep you posted on next week's class where we're going to learn to breathe- that's the part I've been looking forward to. Adios for now- I'm having a hard time focusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment