1/28/11

New Things

Laura is going back to work more full-time this spring- so we'll be looking for new options for Davis Monday through Wednesday. While I feel sad about it because I know he has loved playing with Laura, James and Scarlett, (he thinks he's the littlest brother) I also feel like the timing is good. It was hard (read: impossible) for me to think of taking Davis to daycare when he was tiny- but it's a lot easier now that he is 15 months old and loves to play! So I am SO thankful that Laura kept him for this last year and that Davis is ready for the next thing!

We went to look at a few schools today, and I actually felt really good about one of them. We were able to walk into the classroom and he got right up in the mix, playing with the little kids in the class, and then he just about died when he saw the indoor playground. We're also looking into nannies, so it's awesome to think that there is potentially more than one good option.

Anyway, he is just so fun these days. He has learned "no" and exercises that quite frequently. He is climbing on everything, he is silly, and loves to laugh, and oh my gosh, does he love the park. We walked over to the park in our neighborhood today and the second he saw the playground and all of the little kids, he just reached his arms out so far, while sitting in his stroller, like "Yes, come to me park, come to me!"

I'm realizing how big he is lately and how fast it's all going. It's so bittersweet. I love this age- and I don't want it to pass.

Tomorrow morning, Davis is doing the Tough Mudder. Crazy, I know. Toughest race on the planet they say. Zoinks. He'll do great though- he is just that guy! :)

Love my Davises-
Sam

1 comment:

  1. i just saw this - i love thinking of him with his tiny arms open and calling the park home to him. so cute, that little davis!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete