1/13/11

Fitness Update

It's been a while since I've blogged about my fitness efforts- and mainly because there hasn't been much to say. We've still been working out steady and strong with Ahmad, though over the holiday period, didn't have much progress, which was frustrating. I'm happy to report though that today we had our monthly progress check-in and both Stacey and I's stats were great.

A few that I was proud of are: 2.5 pounds lost, 2% body fat lost, and 3 centimeters lost in the biceps. At this point I am one pound over what I was when I got pregnant. HOWEVER, when I got pregnant, I was about 12 pounds away from my normal weight. SO, as of today, I have 13 pounds to lose to hit my personal goal. Ahmad wants to go beyond that- but we'll see.

It's taken over a year to get here- and that bothers me...but there is really no point in dwelling on it more than figuring out why and how to avoid this happening again. I can't take a year to get back to myself each time I have a baby. But really- I've learned a lot and I think that is the best thing you can do- learn and change it next time.

We gave Ahmad a backpack for his birthday. We randomly found out we had missed his birthday and when we asked about it it was clear he hadn't really celebrated with anyone, so Stacey and I walked over to REI one day at work, picked out a cool North Face backpack and brought it to him last Thursday. He was so excited you would have thought we bought him a new car. It was really great. Maybe my favorite gift I gave this season just because it was clear that the fact that we thought about him meant even more than the gift itself.

1 comment:

  1. This is terrific news! You are such an inspiration, Sam, in so many ways. In your dedication and healthy outlook on the whole thing and in your care about Ahmed's birthday. So fun! I am with you 100% and am excited for you about your stats, yahoo!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete