1/11/11

The Weekend in Review

Thursday night I went to hang out with Kirsten and some girlfriends. We had pizza, wine, cookies...it was a fun evening for sure. My stomach felt a little funny when I left, but I figured it was not a big deal. Fast forward to 4:00 a.m. the next morning where I was sick as a dog for the next 8 hours. It was insane- hit me like a freight train. Luckily Honey was coming into town to watch Davis while we were in Arizona because I got to sleep all day...but I did have to miss my flight with Davis to Scottsdale. :(

Luckily we were able to move the flight so I still made part of the trip. I got in Saturday morning and spent the day relaxing. Scottsdale is like a shopping HAVEN so I had hoped to be out and about looking at fabulous things. I tried for about an hour but couldn't even think about walking anymore or trying anything on, so instead I went back and slept at the resort.

That night we had dinner with the Great Clips team. They were awesome and just how I pictured them. So midwestern, kind, funny, and just nice honest people. I am so thankful that Davis is part of a team he can admire and respect- and they certainly admire and respect Davis. He is the young, smart, fun guy on the team. I am not surprised about that.

I was so glad to get to spend a little time with Davis yesterday- I swear he grew so much over the weekend. He is really into saying "woah..." when something is interesting or new or something. It's hysterical- he sounds kind of like a teenage boy. I love love love him!

So that was the weekend.
This coming weekend we're going to go see Katie before they move to Ohio. Excited to see them, but sad to think of her moving.

1 comment:

  1. "woah..." is right: i have to see and hear this for myself! so glad you are feeling better and it is great to hear that Davis is in such a good job with great people and that your trip went well. xoxo to all three of you!

    ReplyDelete