10/4/10

YAY Davis!

We had a big weekend...we shopped all day Friday, with no breaks, no naps, and Davis was the sweetest little man. He smiled and giggled and had the best attitude even though he was exhausted. During the day, while in dressing rooms, I noticed that Davis was beginning to balance on his own, rather than leaning against the wall or the mirror. At one point, I called his name and he turned to me, took two steps and then plopped over. I almost had a heart attack. I couldn't wait for Davis to see...

That evening, I was telling Davis all about it, so excited and I could tell he was sort like "Yeah, that's great..." but then he tried it himself. He called Davis' name, Davis paused and stood on his own for about 30 seconds, and I watched Bennett's face go from disbelief to total shock and excitement. Then Davis took a step and fell over. It was so, ridiculously exciting.

Also, he has learned to clap. It's still in slow motion because he does it the same speed as we sing pat-a-cake. It's adorable to watch and he is so pleased with himself. He has also started mimicking things we are saying. Other than "dada" he has no idea what he is saying, but he tries.

It was such a good weekend- shopping with my mom, Moore family reunion, and then last night, we took a long walk in the perfect fall weather and then watched Grumpy Old Men. I realize more and more that it's the simple things...

1 comment:

  1. yay davis is right! i have been thinking about him all morning - how cute and smiley and sweet her was all day saturday, how he is lifting his arms way up in the air now and in wondering where he learned that i thought about all the ways he is learning to be the sweet, happy, happy boy that he is because of the deep non-stop love he has from you and d.bennett day in and day out. what a little gift - i feel like i can never have too much time with him.
    he's stepping out in all the right directions, *wink...
    xoxo
    n

    ReplyDelete