9/28/10

Fall is in the Air

And it's amazing. Last night, while recovering from the 2nd part of my root canal (ugh), I put Davis to bed, turned off the lights, opened the back door and laid down on the couch. It was quiet, the light was low, and the breeze and smell of fall were saturating my living room.

Fall is my favorite season- it always has been. I think of fall as the start of the most exciting part of the year...and each morning I wake up with a grin because it's chilly and cozy. Today I put Davis in sweat pants for the first time. I took a picture and I'll post it later. He is finally feeling better after the ear infection. Poor guy. It was so fun to take him over to Laura's today because he started to grin as we walked up the sidewalk. He loves being over there. And I love that.

Anyway- because it's fall- we're starting to think about Halloween. The Wyrtzens have come over and trick or treated in our neighborhood for the past three halloweens and this year will be the first time that Porter, Carrie and Zach come. I love that this is becoming a tradition. It's so fun. We'll trick or treat early with the little ones, eat pizza or chili, and then hang out on our driveway handing out candy to the bigger kids. P.S. if anyone is reading this and would like to join- we'd love to have you.

I'm also starting to get excited about our trip to Washington. We are going three weeks from today. Yahoo! It will be nice to get away on our first real family vacation. We'll be in Seattle a couple days and then in Olympia a few days. I can't wait to have fish n chips, go to the local farmer's market and also get coffee at this adorable little place nearby. I imagine Chad and Davis will get a ride in too- and I know Davis loved that last time. I can't wait to see Davis bundled up in the adorable little jacket Honey got him.

Also- Stacey and I are refocusing on our work out and weight loss goals. Okay- we've been seriously focused on working out. I mean, really, I'm impressed with us. We work out two times a week with Ahmad, which is HARD CORE, and then we have been doing cardio together about 2-3 extra times a week. All of this and I've only lost 4 pounds since June. Stacey has gained. So while we realize we are in much better shape than we've been in in years, we are frustrated about the lack of weight being lost. And since it's been almost 4 months, we have been doing some serious assessments of the situation. The reality is this...when I started working out so much, I stopped doing Weight Watchers. I sort of felt like I could eat whatever because I was working out like crazy. However, in doing these serious assessments I looked back to my spring posts and realized that I was losing a pound a week doing WW alone. SOOOO...long story short, our new focus is this: counting WW points, religiously. AND doing the two workouts a week with Ahmad to keep toned, etc. BUT beyond that- we're going to relax already. Maybe it's just a mental shift- but in thinking about this and talking it through- we're both really jazzed and feeling refreshed. I have 15 pounds to lose. I wanted to lose it all by Davis' first birthday. That's probably not going to happen...but with this new plan, I plan to come close.

BACK ON TO COUNTING POINTS, WEIGHING IN WEEKLY AND PROVIDING UPDATES- for anyone who cares- which I realize is probably only me...but hey, it's my blog! The rest of you can deal with it already. :)

1 comment:

  1. go-go-go!
    i am all for you, sam! and so so glad you keep this blog. i love thinking about tiny little sweatpants on tiny little davis. and that means sweaters and overalls and so many cute things are around the corner!

    actually he could wear a paper sack and i'd love it on him. but...
    that aside, *wink
    xo
    n

    ReplyDelete