9/10/10

Duped?

So in being a working mom, though I do love my job and have a pretty sweet set up, some days it's hard to get up and go when I could just stay and play with Davis. But I remind myself that being a stay at home mom isn't exactly easy either. In fact- for me- it often seems more exhausting than work. I think that is mainly because while sometimes I dislike my packed schedule- it IS nice to have the day/week broken up. Keeps things moving.

So when I'm feeling sad about not having the "freedom" of staying home- I've reminded myself that when I talk to some of my friends who stay at home I realize it's not really as free as it seems. They don't really get a break. They don't have time to just be an adult...and I've concluded, like most things, with this, the grass is always greener on the other side.

However, I've recently seen a flurry of posts from stay at home mom friends that have now enrolled their little ones in preschool or mother's day out or whatever and I've started to think "Wooooahhh, wait a minute. Maybe it is pretty nice. 2-3 days (out of 5) spent playing with the little ones and then 2-3 days to yourself? I can't imagine."

But here is the truth- I know myself- and for now- feeling great about the days I do have and also feeling like a career woman is a great thing. It's exhausting, not gonna lie, but I don't know that I would be happy any other way at this point. So maybe in the end, Duped isn't the best title for this post, except that it truly captures my immediate reaction to this new phase people are enjoying.

Anyway- just writing my thoughts. And while I'm doing that- here are some things I want to remember:
1) Davis crosses his little feet whenever he is sitting. It's so funny.
2) He now reaches for me, smiles the most for me, and loves to snuggle- yes finally!
3) Big Davis and I are probably the strongest team we've ever been at this point- and it's really nice. We've gone through some struggles over the five years we've been married- but they have been worth it and we love being a family.
4) Little D is all boy- knocking things over, smacking things together, running into everyone with his walker...and yet he is still a sensitive little guy. If something scares, startles him, or hurts his feeling, his bottom lip goes so far out, he huffs for a minute, and then starts to cry-- unless you can get him to laugh first.

That's all for now.

1 comment:

  1. It is always greener on the other side. Because it is frequently fertilized with bullshit.

    ReplyDelete