9/22/10

Duets with Davis

I wish I could have captured these moments on video- but I'll just have to remember by posting the details here.

Davis has been imitating some of the sounds I make lately. For example, in the mall the other day, I was pushing his stroller far ahead of me and going "ahhhh..." from high note on down. He started to do this right back to me each time I would make the sound. As if that wasn't cute enough- I was telling B and Davis this story the other day while he was in his car seat in the back...as I was telling them what he did- he started doing it again. We all laughed. He does it so soft and sweetly- trying to sound just like me.

On top of that- last night he didn't want to calm down and go to sleep, so I went in, picked him up, held him close to me and sang while I swayed with him a bit. Mid-song he started to sing along. To his own sweet little tune, of course. But it couldn't have been more clear that he thought we were singing the same song, together. I would pause and he would pause. I would start and he would start. And his little face was so soft next to mine and his voice so tender- it was nothing short of magical and completely adorable.

Oh, I adore him.

1 comment:

  1. and i adore these posts: thinking about him singing with you is so sweet and fun. he's learning so much and he's such an independent little guy, it's fun to read about all the ways he is entering the social world through you! i can't wait to see him tomorrow. xo

    ReplyDelete