11/4/10

I was thinking...

about Davis last night at the Mumford & Sons show at Stubb's...which was great. I don't know what made me think about this- but I wanted to write it down because I hope I always remember it. I was thinking about how I hope Davis loves me best...and I started to think of the reasons why he should love me best...I mean, I carried him in my body for 9 months, I stayed up every night with him for four months, I think of him with everything that I do...and well, I AM his mom after all, and little boys are supposed to love their moms best.

And then abruptly- I had another thought. And I realized that it doesn't really matter if he loves me best or if he acknowledges how much his mom loves him and the things that I do for him along the way. Maybe he'll think that someday- as early as next year or maybe in 10 or maybe in 30 years. But it doesn't matter because I will love him this way regardless...and I know that someday he will know and appreciate it. And that's really all that matters.

3 comments:

  1. I love these sincere and thoughtful reflections, Sam. Davis is so lucky: to be loved by you and Davis with no bounds, no question marks, no stops. It's the most beautiful work I can think of...
    xo
    n

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, thank you. it's the BEST work i can think of. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the best mom a son (my son) could ask for. I am lucky, and he is lucky to have you. He knows it too, you can tell.

    ReplyDelete