11/22/10

Favorite Things

I have titled this post in tribute to Oprah's Favorite Things show this week. First I will focus on some of my favorite things from this past weekend, then I will talk about some favorite things I'm looking forward to. (Leaving no question about the agenda of this post today...facts, facts, facts).

This weekend was great- Bennett and I went to a thanksgiving party Friday night and got to see The Social Network Saturday. It was fun to go out both nights on a weekend- we haven't done that in a while. We drank and were merry on Friday- so it was nice that Davis slept quite a bit that day- because all three of us got to take naps. We slept from 10-12:30 and then again from 3:30-5:00. Haven't done that on a Saturday in a couple years now. It was great.

Sunday we took Davis to the Zilker Zephyr and he began to wave for the first time. It was so cute- very delayed and more like his arm sticking straight out in front of him- and him turning his wrist slowly. He has recently realized that he has wrist mobility- so everything that is picked up (hangers, remotes, etc) becomes something he turns back and forth with his wrist. Anyway- he loved the train. He would just sort of look around and then every once in a while get so excited that he would rub his belly (this is a new thing he has been doing when excited) or throw his arms up and down in the air.

He is more and more a little boy every day and it seriously just gets better and better every day. It sounds really dorky- but I count my blessings every night.

Okay, so favorite things coming up...
- Thanksgiving food
- Delilah and the all christmas station starting December 1st
- Trip to Santa Barbara for my birthday (YAHOO!)
- Christmas parties
- Wood burning in the fireplace
- Seeing Davis wake up on Christmas morning to all of his presents

I love this holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment