11/8/10

Blessed Beyond Belief

Thought about naming this "Sappy Post" as a warning- because here it comes. Yesterday was Davis' 1st birthday- which is still hard to believe. I woke up feeling sad and a bit nostalgic, which I totally didn't expect, so I decided to drink a beer while making sugar cookies (yes, around 11:00 am) to take the edge off. HA!

Anyway- after that the day was great- we made cookies, rolled out meat for sliders, and Bennett made an amazing layered cake that was to die for. Davis is so lucky to have a dad that cares about these details and wants to make everything special for him. My mom came over early and helped with everything and Niles and Polly were in town, so they took Davis on a long walk in his wagon, which was a special birthday treat. He loves that thing.

Nikki and Tony came over around 1:00- with amazing mustaches and awesome photos of famous mustached men photos for the mobile.

The party started around 3:00 and all of our close friends came and it was just amazing to see people's excitement in celebrating Davis. It was so special. I realize that when you have a baby- your love for them is just so over the top- and when you see that your friends and family love him too- it just makes you feel like your cup is completely running over.

It was a great day- and I feel so incredibly thankful and blessed beyond what I deserve, to have an amazing husband, an adorable son, and sweet sweet family and friends that want to share in celebrating our most important things. God is good.

Pictures to come in a later post.

2 comments:

  1. Sam- For some reason your post today really struck a cord with me... So sweet! Can't hold back the tears as I think about really what an amazing blessing these birthday's for our little ones are. So happy for little Davis, and I CAN'T BELIEVE he is ALREADY one!!! You are such a great mom Sam and Davis is one little lucky guy to have you!

    Jen Harwell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its funny, while I was reading your entry, all I could think, and this was going to be my one-liner post, was "God is Good"... you beat me to it. Such a miracle, that kid. so perfect, the both of you.

    Thank you,
    DB

    ReplyDelete