8/23/10

Katy, Katie and Jodie

I am going back to work this morning feeling incredibly refreshed from my weekend in Katy. It was so great to catch up with Katie- we are both so busy these days- we don't get to talk as much as we'd like so now when we get together, the most important thing is to stay up late and catch up on everything. It feels a lot like college- which I love. Katie is 34 weeks pregnant and she looks like a million bucks. She looked good in her first pregnancy- but she has really stepped it up this time. I was telling my mom that she literally looked exactly the same as normal, but like she stuffed a ball up her shirt. Her nursery is so cute and girly and so was the shower. It was adorable and honestly, for the first time, it made me think "woah, wait a minute. I think i need to have a little girl..."

Saturday night I had dinner with my godmother, Jodie. It was so great to catch up with her, it always is, but I think the neatest thing is that it was the first time I felt like we were just two grown-up girlfriends chatting. I met Jodie when I was 13 years old. I was Mason's first and only babysitter and I basically grew up loving on both Mason and Lovell and totally admiring Jodie. She is the perfect balance of a creative and independent spitfire and an amazing mother. I hope to be a lot like her in that way.

Anyway- it was such a nice girl's weekend and I realized how much I need that every once in a while. THEN- when I got back- I got the best surprise ever. Little Davis was taking a nap, so i got to talk to Davis for a while, and then little Davis woke up crying. I walked into his room, expecting the usual response, which is not much...
But this time- I walked in and he went from crying to having the biggest grin I've ever seen...AND he kept smiling and then tucking his little head into his hands because he was so excited to see me. It was adorable. I picked him up, held him, then set him down and he just kept crawling back to me. Had I known I would get such a reception I would have walked in with a video camera. It was worth a million bucks.

This was a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment