7/6/10

Back From The Midwest

Just a few quick notes on our trip...
We left on Friday morning at 6:20 for Minneapolis. Davis was pretty good on the plane- meaning he was totally squirmy and occasionally fussy, but he certainly didn't cry the whole time or bother the entire plane. We landed by 9:15 and then drove 6 hours to Minneapolis. It's a 4 hour drive. This part was a little rough...and I felt bad for making Davis sit in the car that long. We got to Sioux Falls around 3:30, after stopping in this adorable town in Minnesota called Albert Lea for tacos and potato oles at Taco Johns. Yes, actually the midwest has an amazing little chain of "west mex" food that you cannot skip if you're in the area. Big Davis thought it was all hype- but he was a convert after day one.

We spent Friday evening in Sioux Falls- swimming with the Thornton kids (my age) and all of their kids. There were kids everywhere and it was so fun to see them all. Matt has two girls, Ben has three boys and another on the way, and Katie has two girls, one of which is only 6 weeks old. Saturday I drove Davis around the city, showing him where I lived and where we hung out. I think he was surprised that I didn't grow up on a farm- because truly- there are cornfields and farms everywhere from Minneapolis to Sioux Falls. We played a game in the car where we got points for things like grain silos, barns, tractors, etc. but gave up after about 20 minutes because there were too many to count.

Saturday night was the party- which I regretfully sort of slept through. It started at 4 and I hung out till about 9 but Davis was having a hard time sleeping due to all the noise, so I laid in there with him to try to get him to sleep. I planned on staying in there about an hour, but slept till 2:20. Apparently I missed a CRAZY party. Everyone was doing karaoke and swimming and all sorts of debauchery was going down. I felt so stupid that I went all the way there and missed all of that. Oh well, I guess.

Sunday we hung out and then drove to Minneapolis so we could break it up for Davis. We stayed in downtown Minneapolis- which was so fun. The next morning we went to Key's for an amazing breakfast and then we walked around all the shops. It was a great time- I'm so glad we made time for that.

All in all- it was a great trip. Good to see old friends and so fun to be in the heartland for July 4th. We shot fireworks and watched all the little kids go crazy over them. It was perfect.

I was nervous about the plane ride home because I was by myself with Davis since big D was staying in Minneapolis for work. Luckily they gave me the only open seat so I could leave Davis in his carseat- and he slept 3/4 of the way. When he woke up, he was a little grouchy, but then I gave him honey nut cheerios and he thought they were AMAZING. He was a champ.

Oh- Thursday before we left- Stacey and I had our first results measurements with Ahmad. At first I was frustrated because I had only lost a pound in 4 weeks- which is less then I've lost since I started weight watchers. But then he did all of our measurements and I was so thrilled to see how much I've lost in my waist and legs. It felt great- like all the work is paying off. I've lost 1.5% body fat in a month, the average is 1% and our goal for next month is 2%. I am at the point now where I love training. It makes me feel so good and I feel a little bit more like myself each week. Sorry if this part bores you- just keeping myself accountable.

1 comment:

  1. fantastic work with your training results! i can see you are shrinking and i am so impressed with your dedication. i had a great time with you 3 in south dakota and am glad we went together. little davis made honey's weekend and i was proud to have my cute little nephew there as my always favorite date for the holiday.
    xoxo
    n

    ReplyDelete