2/4/13

My Girls

So I took Holden to school for a couple hours on Friday afternoon...just so she could ease into it. She whimpered a bit when I left her, but when Bennett and I went back to pick her up, she was all smiles. She looked at us, smiled, then kept right on playing.

This morning was a little harder. All the little bitties were there and you know, they climb right up in your face, and I think she was just a little overwhelmed. She sat in my lap and would occasionally whimper, turn around, and cling around my neck. It was hard. She is so sweet.

I drove away feeling fine though. This time around, I KNOW she will adjust. I KNOW the school and the teachers are great. And I KNOW this is just part of life- learning to get comfortable in new situations.

AND, I just got a call from her teacher, saying she was doing wonderfully. And that she is/was exhausted and fell right asleep at nap time. I bet she goes to bed early tonight.

So that is an update on Holden.

Next up, my weekend with Katie. Gosh, it was SO.MUCH.FUN. I'm sad it's over. I always know that I love being with Katie, but I am still always surprised by how much fun we have, and how great it is to be with someone that knows me SO well. We got there at 11:30, drove down to La Cantera for lunch at Z Tejas, talked all through lunch, talked all through walking around La Cantera, talked on the way to get our nails done (Bennett surprised me and booked pedicures for us- so nice. Totally speaking my love language. What a guy.) Talked through the pedicures, then through dinner, after dinner, and all the way until 3:00 a.m.

Then we woke up the next morning and talked until we left. Okay- so the one thing that I left out is that when we weren't talking, we were L.A.U.G.H.I.N.G. Katie is funny. FUNNY. Also, we sort of thought my car was stolen that night, but that's a different story.

The high notes:
- just catching up. hearing about ohio. hearing about being back.
- picking out outfits for our little girls at this little Danish boutique.
- busting the neighbors for partying too loud.
- panicking about aforementioned stolen car.
- wearing great (uncomfortable) high heels to dinner and ending up at The Cheesecake Factory. Ha.
- reminiscing about funny events/stories past.

I told Bennett it was GOOD. FOR. MY. SOUL.
I love Katie.

The only picture I got, from my time with Katie, was this:


And that is appropriate. On the way there, I talked to my grandma, and she said something like "I'm so glad you get to spend time with Katie. Act like little ladies..." And I said "No promises, Nanny. No promises." Ha.

Here are some pics from Super Bowl Sunday...which was boring, by the way. Except for the halftime show. Holy legs, Beyonce. And dance moves. And everything.


 


As you can see, Davis was really getting into the action shot.
 



Yes, we were shirt and pantsless in early February. God Bless Texas.
 



This was one of Holden's Christmas presents- she was brave enough to use it yesterday. She would sort of walk around it...I mean, she could walk if she wanted to, so it was kind of funny.

 
And the money shot.



No comments:

Post a Comment