2/11/13

Juice Cleanse


Last night I decided that I would wake up this morning and do a juice cleanse. Not just drink a bunch of Tropicana, but a formal juice cleanse, through this cute place called Juice Land in Austin. Only I found out this morning that you have to let them know 48 hours in advance so they can prep your variety of juices for each day. Okay, so really, the more time you have to think about doing a juice cleanse, the less you probably want to do it, so it's not really the best strategy if you ask me.

I also found out that the cost of a juice cleanse is probably equal to purchasing three juicers. You might think I'm thinking of purchasing a juicer instead- but I'm realistic and know that I would never purchase all the ingredients and then take the time to make my own food replacement juices. So perhaps I will do the juice cleanse next week. I'm pretty glad I didn't do it today because it's 11:00 and I'm starving.

Drop off was good this morning- Holden didn't freak out when we walked in her room. She cried when I left, but I think she was happy to be there, other than that. Davis was a real gem last night, only got up once to go to the bathroom and really didn't give me a hard time at all. I hope that phase is over...but we'll see.

This weekend, my best bud, Scott Pendleton is coming into town with his new girlfriend. I can't wait to see him, and I can't wait to meet her. I heard Scott has gone on a raw food diet- which I feel like is even more unlikely than me going on a juice cleanse- so I have to hear how this came to be. Scott is like 6 feet, 5 inches tall, and played football at Baylor. I cannot picture him eating only raw food. Nuts.

Oh! I thought of another True Story. I won't usually post them this frequently, but I wanted to write it down before I forget. I saw last night that they are coming out with a new Wizard of Oz movie. I just remembered how it would play once a year on TV when we were little and it was a big event because at the time, you couldn't just watch it on Netflix or Apple TV anytime you pleased...so we would get together with neighbors, or just watch it at home and make hors d'ouvres (which I said like this: hors devores). Anyway- to the point...every year I would think I was ready to watch it. I could handle it.

And EVERY.YEAR I would get so freaked out by the witch or the flying monkeys that I would end up having to stay home from school the next day because I was sick to my stomach. Same with haunted houses. I would barf I would get so freaked out. Ha.

But I think I'm ready this year. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment