8/5/12

Love / Hate


A good way to categorize the past few days. And I know, HATE is a really strong word. I don't necessarily mean it, but you get the idea. Plus "Love / Annoyed By" is not so good for a title.

Love: spending the day in Fred with my mom, my grandparents, Davis and Holden.

Love: that as I was telling my grandpa how I bet Davis would be stripped down naked any minute, he was actually stripping down naked in the backyard. i mean, who waters the plants in their clothes?

Hate: that Davis is putting up SUCH a fight each night at bedtime. it's an hour long ordeal AFTER getting him in bed.

Love: that Bennett has been here since Wednesday and we got to go see a movie, go on a date night to Nikki's housewarming party and then a great new (hidden) wine bar in downtown Austin.

Hate: that i've started to dread mondays because i know for the foreseeable future he will be gone so much.

Love: that my friend Oscar and his wife had their baby, Wyatt!

Hate: that Holden isn't turning out to be much of a napper.

Love: that we have a new sprinkler system and will have sod and flower beds in the next couple weeks! seriously love this one.


Hate: that i haven't taken any pictures lately!

Love: that we met Zach, Porter, Mary Mae and our friends Courtney and Erik at the YMCA pool Saturday afternoon at 4:15.

Hate: that we had to get out at 4:30 because somebody POOPED in the pool. eww.


Love: that Holden's eyes are still such a beautiful blue and it looks like she will have brown hair.


Hate: that she continues to have a little rash on her neck from drool and spit. I swear i keep it clean, and i'm starting to wonder if i'm just exascerbating it.

Love: that Davis is so smart and clever.

Hate: that he is having a REALLY hard time listening and not defying EVERYTHING i ask him to do or not do. it's exhausting and lately, i am finding it hard to keep my cool. please let this be a short phase.


Love: that we went out to dinner tonight at Mandola's. We usually don't do that on a Sunday night and it was really nice. Their Ensalad Mista is so good. And holy cow- Davis ate about 5 small slices of pizza.


Love: that we're all healthy and happy and summer is nearing an end. starting to get excited for fall!

Oh, one more love. LOVE that i got all the photos from Carrie of the photo shoot we did a while back. SO many good ones. Espesh of Holden. Yay. Love.

2 comments:

  1. Let me just say, Hang in there! My middle E is a strong willed child and it is HARD but GREAT. Not sure if that makes sense. Her being 2 was a really hard year for us. Since she has turned 3, it has turned a corner. We still have our moments, but she understands so much more and you can reason with her. If you get a chance, I read this really great book that has helped. It is called, "You can't make me, but I can be persuaded" by Cynthia Tobias. Really good. Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Brianna. Think I'll stop by the bookstore on the way home. Davis is STRONG-WILLED for sure. P.S. i love reading your blog. :)

      Delete