2/1/12

What I Love Wednesday

1) The Sandlot- best movie ever. "You're killin me, Smalls!"

2) That Holden always goes back to sleep after feedings. Davis never did this- and that is why I dreaded the nights and felt so out of sorts all the time.

3) Fresh flowers

4) Bennett's forts




5) That I found about 6 variations of this picture on my camera this morning. Thanks Bennett.

6) This sweet little face, sans spit up. (She spits up a lot.)

7) That Davis' class got a couple firefighter helmets. Logan told me Davis just couldn't even take it off yesterday- and when I dropped him off this morning- he grabbed one the second he walked in and just lit up with joy. It was amazing and ridiculous, all at the same time.

8) My iPad. Bennett really spoiled me this year for my birthday- and I feel so fancy and special as I peruse things on my iPad. I'm especially thankful for it when I'm feeding Holden and watching Glee on netflix on my iPad at 3:00 a.m.

Separately, things I'm praying for:
a) that my maternity leave time with Holden will be just the right amount, before going back to work. that i will feel ready, somehow.

b) that i don't get trapped in the lies the world tells people. that i remember what's important. that i keep top of mind the things i walk away from church feeling so convicted by.

c) that davis gets over the six month's worth of monthly sickness daycare has brought us.

d) that my back-to-work care solution for Holden is perfect and easy. I WANT CARRIE BACK. Carrie, if you're reading this, please consider coming back to Austin for the summer!!!! :) (Holden can't start at Davis' school until August)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome fort. And do I spy a chalk-painted dresser?! How did I not know about this?! Glad Holden is being so good for her mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FORTS! and yahoo for sleeping between bottles and for FIREMEN'S HATS!
    you guys are the cutest little crew i've ever known. i love this blog and can't wait to see davis this friday!
    xoxoxoxo
    aunt mikki

    ReplyDelete