2/7/12

Bucket Head and Super Dad

So last night took a crazy turn. All of the sudden, at Holden's 9:30 feeding, she couldn't hold anything down. Nothing. And she was in such pain, writhing and arching her back, screaming and crying. It was as if we had switched formula or something. We called the nurse line and they said to take her straight to the ER since she is so small. Ugh. So, Bennett, who shall moving forward be called "Super Dad" took her to the ER around 12:00 a.m. (We waited and tried to feed her again before taking her- but to no avail).

He was there until 7:30 a.m. and after hours in the waiting room, several X-rays, and a few more trial feedings, they confirmed that Holden has acid reflux and gave her medicine. For the next day or so we have to feed her about 1/3 of what she was eating- but almost every hour. YIKES. I'm just glad that we know what's wrong and can fix it. I just fed her- and granted- it's only the 2nd feeding since the medicine- but she wasn't in pain and she didn't spit up...so here's hoping.

As for Davis, I took him to school this morning and his class was on the playground. Lately when I take him and they are on the playground, he opens the gate and RUNS off. I literally have to shout "Hey Davis, I'm leaving, I love you..." Ha. Today I was talking to his teacher when he ran off, so afterwards, I walked over to see what he was doing and he was standing alone in the sandbox with a bucket on his head and the biggest smile on his face. He looked at me and said "Helmet."

I looked at Logan, and he said "He does this every day" and smiled. I know he is pretending it's a fire fighter helmet- but the best thing is that it's about 8 inches wide at bottom and about 12 inches high- so tall and narrow. And it's pink- which makes it even more awesome.

My two boys- Super Dad and Bucket Head.
And I guess Holden could be Pukey Burpy.

The adventures of Sam, Super Dad, Bucket Head and Pukey Burpy. Happy Tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. who spits up faster than a speeding bullet, whose bucket protected head can move a locomotive and who leaps through waiting room hours in a single 7 hour bound? why it's Pukey Burpy, Bucket Head and Super Dad!

    wishing you sleep filled nights, hours between bottles and pink sand buckets where ere you go,
    aunt mikki

    ReplyDelete