2/26/12

God and People

God works in people.
And it's amazing when you see it happen.

I had all but reached my wit's end on Friday- Holden had screamed in pain all day, wouldn't eat, wouldn't sleep, wouldn't even allow me to set her down. My mom came that night to help and seriously I am so thankful. I now think that listening to a baby scream for hours at a time could replace waterboarding as torture. It's mentally exhausting- and on top of that- you feel horrible because it's so obvious she is in pain.

Anyway- that night, after trying everything from new bottles to gripe water to new formulas, to voodoo, some cool things started to happen. People came out of the woodwork- out of nowhere- to offer their support, whether in a kind note of encouragement or an offer to help me out.

Davis' sweet nanny, Carrie shot me a text saying "I read your blog. It sounds like you have your hands full. I'm in town for the weekend- can I take Davis to the park or the gym tomorrow?" 10 minutes later I checked my facebook and got a note from another friend I haven't seen in a long time, just giving me encouragement, letting me know that she survived an acid reflux baby and that there is light at the end of the tunnel, and seriously another five minutes after that I got a text from my other friend Carrie saying: "Hey, we know Davis is out of town, would you like us to pick you up for the wedding tomorrow? We want to." They live across town. I am totally out of their way and then some.

I seriously just sat and cried and felt so amazing. And thankful. And it reminded me that sometimes it's easy to feel like you can't see God working...but God works through people. And people have to be open and willing for it to happen. And when it does happen, it's pretty neat, I think.

So happy Sunday and thanks again, friends.

Oh, and p.s. I took Holden to the doctor again yesterday (three times, one week, a new record) and they said that a couple things could have happened- 1) her AR could have gotten worse- it usually peaks around 6 weeks
2) her increased dosage hasn't kicked in yet

So we have to wait and see how it goes until Tuesday- but if it doesn't get better then we'll try new formula (maybe soy) or new medicine. I am already seeing improvement though- of course, now that her daddy is home. :)

In the spirit of being there for people- here is a fun song I've been enjoying lately. Click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment