2/23/12

Relief

Went to the doctor this morning...brought Holden because all of the sudden yesterday it seemed like her meds were not working. She was in pain and spitting up everything she ate.

Dr. brown took one look at Davis' throat and said it was Hand Foot Mouth. I could finally see his blisters and I felt so sad for him. Big red and white blisters on the back of his throat. Poor guy. Dr. B said he should be fever free tmw or Saturday for sure. And when I asked about how this could affect Holden, she said as long as they weren't swapping spit, she would be fine. First sigh of relief.

Then I told her about Holden and she said, "let's weigh her. She's probably outgrown her dosage. Happens all the time." And sure enough, she is now nine pounds, two ounces so she needs an extra dose at a higher volume each day. Second sigh of relief. Though I sure wish someone had told me to prepare and look for that change.

There is light at the end of this tunnel. And Honey and Nikki are going to help me this weekend while Bennett is out of town. He is going to a resort today, the reward trip for their team's success. I went last year. I joked that if I went this year, I would skip all the dinners and breakfasts and sleep until my spa appointments. :)

2 comments:

  1. If you took BOTH kids by yourself to the doctor, then I think you're superwoman. For sure. Also, HFM is the WORST!!!!!!!!!!!! Worse than Sawyer's gazillion ear infections. I can't remember if we talked about this when S had it, but I found a magic potion (recommended by friends and our pedi) - 1 tsp advil/tylenol, 1 tsp Maalox, 1 tsp Benadryl. Advil helps the pain, Maalox coats the throat, Benadryl makes them just loopy enough to not hurt and maybe sleep. I hope Holden's new dosage works quickly, and that the HFM stays away from her (and you!). Wish I was closer to help you out! Sounds like you really are doing a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking about you girl! You are doing an amazing job! How lucky are Davis and Holden to have such an awesome mom!

    ReplyDelete