12/20/10

Birthday Month

Yes, it's true, I'm known to stretch my birthday out for a good month or so. So, in the spirit of this perspective, I shopped all day with mom and Nikki on Saturday (SO FUN) and then Nikki, Tony, Davis and I went to dinner at Vespaio, and then we went out with a bunch of friends Saturday night and had THE TIME OF OUR LIVES. We karaoked and danced for hours. I had the idea that everyone there wanted to karaoke with me- so I sang about 15 songs- most of which, upon looking back, I realize I was not really invited to take part in. The truth is, I just feel that karaoke is a community event. Que sera.

Sunday was painful- not only because I was a bit hungover- but also because my throat is starting to hurt. UGH. Going to the doctor today to try to nip it in the bud before little Davis gets sick and before Christmas.

Little Davis is cracking me up these days. Yesterday my mom brought him in to wake us up- he giggled and was so happy to be in our bed...and then he toddled over to his dad who was lying on his stomach and he put one little hand on either side of his shoulders and tried to LIFT him up. It was adorable. He loves his dad.

1 comment:

  1. well birthday girl... i'm not sure 15 is the right count on the karaoke front. i think we got there around 11pm, and but 12am you had set up residence on stage. so from 12am to 2am's close, with songs about 3-4 minutes each, that makes 15-20 per hour, times 2 hours... i'm thinking at least 35 songs. which really is a strong showing for your thirtieth, *wink...

    i am sorry you are feeling sick and i hope the doctor can help you asap.

    xoxo and thanks for an amazing day saturday!

    ReplyDelete