1/31/10

Bittersweet

So many new things have happened in the last couple weeks...I went back to work, we gave our sweet boxer, Paxton, to a family with 4 boys, and little man Davis has found some sort of routine. It's all very bittersweet. It's nice to be busy and back in the swing of things at work- the transition so far has proven to be better than I thought it would be, and yet I feel very nostalgic that the very sweet time I had off during maternity leave is over, and frankly, I miss being with him all of the time already.

We went back and forth about Paxton- but I think we made the right choice. He is such a great dog and we simply weren't giving him enough attention and exercise. We will miss him for sure- but all in all- I am pleased with how this worked out.

And Davis, well Davis proves that prayers are answered. I prayed for two main things with him- that he would be healthy and that he would be a good sleeper. I love sleep. Big Davis loves sleep. And luckily little man loves sleep too. For the past few weeks he has been sleeping from about 8:45 to 6:45, waking up only once around 3. Beyond getting more sleep, this schedule is awesome because it's made me become a morning person- something I thought would never happen. Davis and I take turns feeding him and getting him ready in the morning, and the other person goes running or to the gym. All of this is great- but it's funny how every once in a while I feel a bit nostalgic (i know, if i had a penny for how often i say/think this word, I'd be rich) it makes me feel about him growing up so fast.

Anyway- more and more I realize how much my life is changing. And it's not in big ways as much as it is in many small ways...and it's all just tastes very bittersweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment