1/12/10

Thankful

I have about two weeks until I go back to work, so I can't help but start feeling nostalgic about my time at home with baby Davis. First of all, I am so thankful, my heart swells to think that:
1) I've had 9 amazing weeks (so far) with Davis and I've been able to really enjoy them- he's been a healthy and easy baby from the start which has made it more fun than tiring or stressful. Davis and I have really enjoyed the time- we've met people for lunch, we've snuggled while watching Ellen, we've shopped for christmas presents, and we've lunched at Nordstrom more times than I can even believe. I've enjoyed each day and I'm thankful for each amazing minute.

2) I've had such support from friends and family. It's really been amazing. From the food, to the phone calls to the patience people have afforded me as I talk about and figure out everything from mylicon to pumping. It's been awesome.

3) He will be taken care of by two people that just LOVE him so much when I go back to work- Honey and Nikki. What a lucky little man- he will be so cared for and he'll probably be a bilingual activist by the time Nikki is done with him.

4) I will get to go back to work 4 days a week rather than 5. I've been thinking, praying and strategizing about this since I had Davis- and I feel confident that it's going to come to fruition. I am so excited because I really do LOVE my job, and yet I need to feel like I'm able to do well at work and also do well at home- so hopefully this is the perfect solution. I'm thankful that I work for such a great company and caring boss.

5) And mainly just that I have two Davises that I adore beyond comprehension. There is nothing better than spending time with both of them and seeing how cool it is to be a family.

I feel like such a lucky gal...but "lucky" isn't really the right word- so instead I'll just say that I am so incredibly thankful.

2 comments:

  1. i love this post. or, um... je t'aime la post. and long live the people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I'm so glad it's been wonderful and that you get to work 4 days! That will help so much!

    ReplyDelete