7/31/13

My favorite time of day

is a tie between the early mornings when Davis comes and quietly climbs in our bed to snuggle between Bennett and I...and the evenings when Holden and I rock in her room. Her hair is usually wet, she smells like baby soft lotion, and her skin is this flawless ivory. I could eat her up. I look at her every night and every night I think "She is the sweetest thing I have ever seen..."

And we do this routine. She always wants me to reach over and grab her Minnie Mouse doll. She gives her a kiss, and a hug, and then lately she has given Minnie her binky. I use Minnie's hand to hold it in her mouth and I make the sucking noise, and Holden thinks it is so great. Until she wants it back. Then she rubs her belly to say "pease" and reaches to get it back, and then she lays her head on my chest and just looks up at me with her big blue eyes. And I know how lucky I am.

In those moments, I always know how lucky I am.

1 comment: