3/18/13

Lets Be Real Honest...

It's the 3s that are terrible. Terr.i.ble.

I have started dreading nighttime because I know it's going to be such a battle...and that he is then going to proceed to wake me up several times throughout the night. It's exhausting. Literally exhausting, both physically and emotionally.

I think back on the old days, when he was 2, and I was just a smug parent who thought she was sailing through the terrible 2's without incident. My child was an exception. I was such a good mom, I wouldn't even have to deal with such an issue. Well. I will be the first to tell you: I had no idea what was coming. I didn't know shit.

I constantly have to remind myself of a few things:

1) it's silly to let a 3 year old alter your mood
2) it's a phase, it too shall pass
3) his determination, will and wit will be a big part of what makes him an awesome human being
4) one day, he will have kids

So that's all I've got. For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment