1/17/13

Snuggle Bug

I know every mom says and thinks this, especially with little boys at Davis' age, but man is he obsessed with me. I'm just going to say it. He really is. Bennett and I joke about how I am sort of his power source and that he has to be touching me, sitting on me, hugging me, telling me he loves me, playing with me, a siginificant amount, in order to recharge and feel ready for the world.

I usually lay with Davis every night for a bit before bed. Sometimes we talk, sometimes we watch a few videos on my iPad, sometimes we read some books or tell stories...but lately, it's been hard for him when I am ready to get up. He says things like "I won't talk, mommy. I won't wiggle, either. You can just sleep here, with me..." And it's so sweet because he really will lie there quietly, hopeful that I will just sleep there for the night. At 7:45. Inevitably I have to explain to him that I have to eat dinner, do some work, talk with daddy, and then go nigh night. Lately, it's really a struggle, and the other night he cried about it until 9:30.

Tuesday night, I laid with him for a long time, and we let him stay up a little late playing because I had gotten home later from work. I could tell he was tired because he was very quiet as we laid there. Then out of the blue he said "Mommy. When I get big, I'm going to be a doctor. I'm going to make people feel better." I said "Oh, that is a great idea, Davis..." Then he paused and said "And then I'm gonna drive a fire truck." He is going to be a real mover and shaker.

We laid there for a while, and then he rolled over on his side, wrapped his arms around my head and said "I want to pull you close to me..." and with my face nuzzled in his, we just laid there snuggling. So sweet. I want to remember that. I know it won't be that way for too much longer.

And then I guess that wasn't enough snuggling because yesterday morning, he woke up at 4:00 a.m. and came in to get in bed with me. He's never done that before- he usually comes in early around 6:30 to watch videos on my cah-pooter...but today, he just wanted to get in bed and sleep with us. I let him in, mainly because I was tired...but man, he is like a hot rock. After about 30 minutes of him laying ON me, I snuck out and went to sleep in his bed. Musical beds.

Such a snuggle bug, that Davis.

No comments:

Post a Comment