4/5/12

Red Letter Day

So yesterday was sort of a red letter day. Work was good and when I went to pick Davis up, his teacher said "Davis, tell your mommy what you did today..." so excitedly. Davis looked at me and said "I went pee-pee on the potty mommy!" So I cheered and was so excited. I asked if this was Davis' idea or Logan's (the teacher) and he said "Well, we have started offering the potty as an option each time it's time to change their diaper. And Davis LOVES to sit on the potty- but he's never gone. Today as he was sitting there- he just started going all of the sudden and he was so proud of himself."

So of course, Davis got in the car and said "I want a meena mommy" (which is what he originally called gummy vitamins, which expanded to fruit snacks, and then to all good candies and treats). So we went home and he got to pick a meena- he chose a little square of a Hershey's chocolate bar. Then he tried to milk it and kept asking for other treats. "I want a black cookie mommy." (oreos) "I want a white pretzel mommy." (yogurt covered pretzels). "I want a pop-stickle mommy..." (popsicle). And so on and so forth.

He didn't get to have all those treats, but he was excited nonetheless. We went outside and he pushed his mawn-mower around the yard while Bennett, Holden and I laid on a blanket in the yard. So fun.

Then last night, Holden went to sleep around 8:30 and woke up at 2:00. Bennett fed her that shift so I kept waiting for her to wake up around 5:00 for my turn. She didn't wake up at 5. She didn't wake up at 6. She woke up at 7:15. SHE SLEPT FROM 8:30 TO 7:15, ONLY WAKING UP ONCE. CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES, COME ON! LET'S CELEBRATE.

On top of those exciting things, Honey was in town last night so Davis and I got to go see The Hunger Games at the new Alamo Drafthouse by our house. Our neighborhood isn't the coolest, but having new things like that make it pretty fun. It was a great date and fun to be somewhere new.

Good times all around and more on work later. :)

2 comments:

  1. What an exciting day!! And sidenote: your neighborhood IS THE COOLEST! BECAUSE I USED TO LIVE THERE AND I KNOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats awesome news! better than mary mae at this point. ha! additionally... zach and i went to see hunger games on a whim last night too - we got a sitter and just went. what did you think?

    ReplyDelete