4/29/12

My Sweet Girl


I took Holden back to the doctor on Friday- just to doublecheck- make sure nothing was really wrong beyond being congested. I almost didn't take her. She has been so happy and really other than coughing a ton, you would have never guessed she was sick. But I'm so glad I took her because she has a DOUBLE EAR INFECTION. Can you believe that? She is such a little sweetheart. Always smiling, still sleeping normally, and not fussy at all. I cannot even believe how laid back and easygoing she is. It's reminding me of her daddy. I love that we are starting to see her personality. I think she's going to be such a little love.

She has just realized she has hands. She is constantly clasping her little hands over her chest while I feed her- OR- she uses one hand to grab my thumb and one to grab the pinky on my other hand to MAKE SURE she can keep the bottle close. She never tries to hold the bottle- but just wants to make sure she keeps me in line- keeping the bottle where she wants it.


She is also rolling from her back to her side and today I put this little stuffed pink mouse close to her and she wrestled it like it was either her arch nemesis or her lover. She was getting into it.

She adores Davis. He loves to hug on her and kiss her and anytime she accidentally grabs his face or something- he says "she getting me!" and thinks it's hysterical. He is always saying things to her like "it's okay baby Holden. we almost there." and if/when she stops crying he exclaims "baby stister happy again!"


Speaking of Davis, we went to San Antonio this weekend and he was so excited about it. We first went to see the Furls and LOVED their new house. Such a cute neighborhood and amazing house with stained glass windows and all the details of an older home. Next we went to Chris Madrid's for their famous beanburger and some margaritas...and then, the highlight of the trip was going to the hotel. Davis loved it. He kept saying "I in antonio. I at a hotel." And then we took him to the swimming pool and oh my gosh- flashback to my youth. You would have thought we took him to Disney World. He was having the time of his life.

That night, we all slept in the same room. Usually we can fit Davis' pack n play in the bathroom, but not this time. And add to that, a 3 month old baby. I planned on getting ZERO sleep...but he slept all night and she only woke up once. We did get up at 6:30 because Davis was ready to go to the swimming pool again- but all in all- it wasn't bad.

Bennett and Holden slept in while Davis and I played in the room. It was like he knew he could get away with more there- like jumping on the couch and things.


On the way home, we stopped in New Braunfels for Porter's 3rd birthday party. It was a fishing party, right on the river, and it was so nice to be outside under the trees. Davis is at such a great age where he is pretty self sufficient and really entertains himself or gets involved in whatever is going on. And Holden, she slept the whole time. People kept teasing us about what a pain in the butt she is. HA. And then today- here is a little picture of Holden at church. What a doll!


Finally, today my mom, Nikki and I went wedding dress shopping! It was so fun. AND, Nikki asked me to be her maid of honor...and I couldn't be more honored! I have been looking forward to this for a long time. I'm so excited.

Hope you had a happy weekend too. Sorry about the quality of my pictures. I've been living in the moment and just snapping pics with my phone instead of my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment