9/11/11

Thud Thud Thud

Davis and I went to Fred for the day while Bennett is in Vegas for work. I had been feeling a little sad and tired this weekend and just needed a break. A day with Honey was the perfect solution. Anyway- I started the day with a run. I am FIVE MONTHS PREGNANT. So THUD, THUD, THUD is really the only way to describe the scene. I mean, nothing can make you feel less graceful, girly, fit, cute or awesome, than running when five months pregnant. At the same time though, it felt good. Good in a way that kept me running for a while.

As I ran through my old neighborhood, on a loop I have run countless times over the years, I thought of so many memories from high school. Some bad, some good, some truly cringe-worthy. It's funny to have that moment when you're in such a familiar place and you can feel just like yourself 15 years ago and yet you are such a different version of yourself. For a minute, I was running, and I was thinking about the things I thought about in high school. And it made me smile and also sigh because I wouldn't want to go back, at least not for more than a week. :)

We went to lunch after the run, then Davis and I napped for a bit. And then of course we played with the vacuums and the brooms and Davis' mini mini cooper (the one his size- pics to come). And then we went to see my grandparents. Davis was such a good boy. He walked right in, smiled, and hugged nanny and grandpa. He has been such a mama's boy lately- it's nice when he is so open to other people, especially family. They gave him the cutest little bear named Cooper that tells a story in line with a book. It's really so cool. Davis couldn't figure out who was talking at first- but once he realized it was Cooper the bear, he thought it was pretty cool. He bear hugged that bear the whole way home.

I'm home now and I'm still feeling tired, and a little blue, if I'm honest, but we had some fun this weekend. Great friends. Great family. And one week until our trip to California. I really can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment