2/14/11

Happy Valentine's Day!

Ooh, I just love Valentine's day. Red, pink, candy, love, what more could you ask for? I gave Davis a sparkly little Valentine's book this morning and talked to him a little bit about how fun Valentine's day is. Honey came over yesterday and surprised us all with Valentine's goodies. She has always made Valentine's day so fun. She got Davis a giant red ball, a bubble wand, some shades that he loves, and a water wiggler for when it gets warmer. She gave Bennett some workout stuff, and she gave me the cutest cupcake book I've ever seen. It has recipes and designs for cupcakes that look like everything from spaghetti and meatballs to penguins and horses. So fun- can't wait to make some with Davis and Bennett.

Yesterday Bennett and I volunteered in Davis' nursery at church. There were three adults and 9 kids and it was exhausting. Seriously. Three of them wouldn't stop crying the entire time...Davis was bulldozing everyone (he is so sweet but doesn't quite slow down upon approach) and the other 5 just wanted to play. Everyone wanted their sippy cup- and trying to figure out whose was whose and keep them in the right hands was absolutely insane. All in all, it was nuts, and/but it did inspire me to make sure his things are labeled. In fact, I ordered him a little red backpack with his name on it last night. So small and cute.

Anyway, the best part was that every once in a while, Davis would come over to me, squeeze me around the neck and then run off to keep playing. It was the best.

Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment: